Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Work of Her Hands

Well, I do know it isn't Mother's Day, yet, but, even though it isn't, I still appreciate my mother ALL the time. She manages to laugh at all our jokes (even if they're corny), help us with all our school (yep, even math), help feed and water animals (when we forget), clean the house with us (and actually make it fun!), work on projects around the house, record in journals about us when we forget, write (long) letters, stay in touch with friends, and do tons more! She is a very busy person, but doesn't mind it at all. There's hardly a minute of the day, when I don't hear her quick foot steps going across the floor, picking up this and that... this and that... I am sooo thankful for my mother. She is always making sure we have the right curriculum for homeschooling. She challenges us to work harder and try harder. She pushes us on. And, she has never once given up! She's really amazing and precious to all of us. Make sure you thank your mother for all the things she has done for you. And, not only on or near Mother's Day, but every day!

Mother


Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.
You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.
You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.
I love you more than you know;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!


No comments: