Monday, May 4, 2009

Guess What?

So, when I was eleven years old, I really, really, really got into medieval times. I researched all about them, but mostly about the clothing. The beautiful dresses with long flowing sleeves simply enthralled me, and when I turned twelve, I decided that I wanted to make one. On my birthday, my mama, sisters, and I went to the store, picked out a pattern, and with the help of a very sweet lady from from our church, we were able to adjust the pattern to fit me.

During the next few days, I also picked out slip and dress material. I was EXTREMELY excited about having my very own medieval costume!

Well, the months went on. So did the weeks, days, and hours. Not to mention: years. One year passed, and I hadn't finished my dress! Well, this year was going to be my two year "anniversary", but, this week, I sat down, and.................................................................
.............................................
............................................
Finished my dress!!

I was probably the happiest person on planet earth, as I stitched the last stitch on the hem. I was glad to feel the soft satin slip over my head, and get that wonderful feeling you (girls, not boys) get when you put on something really "dressy-uppy". (That was a very inconspicuous word I found in a very large dictionary, with LOTS of words.) Well, needless to say, I'm just very thankful to have finished that. Thanks, Mrs. K.!

Hmm... On to my next project, aye?


~Margaret

5 comments:

Kristin said...

That is a beautiful dress. You did a wonderful job.

Sisters 4 said...

Thanks, Kristin! I must say, it was definitely worth the pain. :)

Shirley said...

Great job, Margaret!! What a beautiful dress for a beautiful young lady. You are a princess of the King of Kings, after all.

Auntie Shirley

Sisters 4 said...

Hi Auntie Shirley,

I'm glad you found our blog! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Bekah!!! You should wear it to church sometime.. :)

Love you! <3