Monday, March 2, 2009

The Love of the Brethren

I think one of the hardest things to do is to love But everyday, we find ourselves having to love someone. We are constantly around people. And not only people, but sinners! We are always with family and friends, who are very tough to love, but yet God commands us to love. I think all of you would agree with me, when I say that people who are closest to you are hardest to love. But just think: What is being humble based on? How about not being selfish with your toys and things? I'd have to say: LOVE.

I remember, as a young girl, I would often find myself having to say sorry. I had no problem with just saying, "Sorry." However, when it came to actually hugging them, and touching them, I didn't want to do it. I was so full of pride, just the thought of hugging them made me cringe. After all, they were the ones who committed the wrong in the first place! I actually have to love them!? That's impossible!

Sometimes I wonder, Why did God make his greatest commandment so hard to do? I have to keep on reminding myself "to love". I'm not supposed to say "sorry" just for the sake of saying "sorry", but my motivation should be because I love my siblings! I am continually having to cry out to God for help in loving my family!

Loving is hard, but it tends to humble me, leave me not as selfish, drive all anger away, and help me in being more gentle and understanding with people.

Needless to say, my family and friends have been REALLY loving to me. But the most loving is God, and I have definitely learned from His WONDERFUL example. He loves us even though we are the most wretched people ever! Its soo amazing, and I'm just glad I have such a loving God!

~And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Cor. 13

In Christ's Love,
Miss Margaret

1 comment:

American Home said...

Your words are beautiful.
God bless you, I have enjoyed reading your blog.