Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hunting

We went elk hunting a few weeks ago (Robin, Margaret, Maria, our brother, and our brother in Christ). It was so much fun, and, guess what? We didn't get any thing. Figures... huh? :)

The very first day, my brother and I (Margaret) were sitting in a group of trees, looking out on a BIG meadow, searching for elk. All of a sudden, I heard crackling behind us. Twenty yards away, there were seven elk. I turned, they bolted, I trained my gun on one of them (trotting away from me), took the safety off, and pulled the trigger. My gun didn't go off, because, surprise! I had the safety halfway on and halfway off. That was really really sad, because, before I could pull it off all the way, they had dashed off into the woods. I have to admit, I'm WAY too indecisive.

Of course, I still had lots of fun, but I couldn't help but be disappointed going home. Next time, I'm going to treat the first elk I see like it's the last one I see (because, this time, that was true). And, to move on to my final point: We really ought to see our lives like that. I'm not a bold person. I'm a wimp (there, I said it). I'm convicted all the time that I don't share my love for Christ enough. It is pretty hard to just start witnessing to some one about the Lord, but I feel like I just haven't done it enough. I need to be treating time I spend sitting next to some one on an airplane, standing next to some one in line, talking to some one in the library like it is the last time I can share my faith with any one. In reality, I think I need more boldness, so I'm gonna pray for that! There's no being indecisive in this life. Any ways, just some very random thoughts.

I'll post pictures someday...

~Margaret

OH, BY THE WAY: PRESS PLAY ON THE PLAYLIST! IT'S A NEW ONE, AND I LOVE ALL THE SONGS! ;)

No comments: