Wednesday, December 15, 2010

First Deer

Dear Readers,

I have been hunting for deer on our property for the past two weeks, and have not gotten anything. Then, finally, on the last day of the season, Mommy, Robin, and I were hunting on a neighbor's land when we got a call from Daddy. He reported that there was a herd of deer about 20 yards from our back deck. We headed straight for the car, and we all jumped in. We headed straight for home which was only about 1/2 a mile away from where we were. When we reached the house, I grabbed the gun and ran inside. We went to the laundry room door, and saw about 4 deer exactly 20 yards away. We opened the door to the laundry room, I set up my gun, and aimed. My heart was beating like nobody's business, and I kept on thinking, "I'm gonna miss! I know I am! Please help me, Lord!" I pulled the trigger, and watched the doe fall. I was unbelievably relieved. I yelled, "Thank you, Lord!" It was a high lung shot, so we did have to shoot her again in the head to put her out of her misery. I was happy, but also saddened, because death came into this world because of sin. Animals have to die because of sin, so at the end of it all, there was a joy mingled with sorrow. I am definitely looking forward to Heaven, but there's still a lot of work to be done here on earth.

Signed: Margaret







No comments: