Monday, January 18, 2010

The Smoke Has Cleared, I Think...

Well, we started moving on Friday. Tough stuff. Believe me, if you've never moved before, that's good. Period. Here's how the days were like in my mind:

Day 1 - Whoo!!!!!!!! Let's do this thing!!!!!! I could move five million boxes today!!! I could move an elephant, or a car, or a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been trying to be tougher, and now is my chance. I can help Mommy and Daddy. I can do anything!!!!!! We're gonna be the best movers, EVER!!

Day 2 - Wow, where'd all the people go that were helping us. Do I have to get up at 6:00? Oh man, well, I guess I'll help. Uggh!

Day 3 -Yes!!! We're almost done. Please, my arms and back are telling me to stop moving boxes. They told me they wouldn't like me anymore.

Day 4 -One more day of moving, and I think I'll die. Do we have to set up beds today? Uggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE moving!!!!!

Day 5 - Where's that one box, with the porcelain dolls in it. Do you know where the people put the box of legos. Man, why can't that person read? This box says: Girl's Room, and they put it in the Study. Oh wait, I think that was me.... Umm, I mean, That poor person, some one gave them the wrong label.... WHERE'd everything GO! I can't find ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that was our week. You can tell, we had a wonderful week! :)

~Sisters 4

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha, I can totally relate! just know, some things just don't reappear. I had some things that I specifically labeled, that got moved to another box so we could fit everything, then to another box... When I started looking for it, I found 3 boxes labeled for that one thing, and IT WASN'T IN ANY OF THEM!!!!
Three months later, I like moving again, it was exciting and invigorating! and I threw away some junk!! (now, why can't I do that part more often, hmmm...)

Love you girls!

Sisters 4 said...

Yep, that was how it was with us (the finding things part). We also had an opportunity to get rid of stuff. It was great! Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me (Since I'm so pack-ratty and all...) :)

Love you, and hope you get better soon!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

That's so hilarious and so accurate. It can be such a hassle!

And I hate not being able to find your stuff! I almost cried when I couldn't find my converse. But then it was, "Daddy to the rescue!" And he found them. :)

Love you! Hope you're still sane!

Sisters 4 said...

Thanks Rach! I think we're still sane. I'm not quite sure though... :)

Elisa said...

haha :) day 4 was fun! haha the beds.....oh the beds. lol that was hilarious! :) lol I would do it all over again though to create the memories that we all now have! ;)