Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Man's Best Friend

For all you dog-lovers:







Man's Best Friend

Author: Timothy P Vreeland


My friend is loyal and eager to please
I'd sit in my chair, his head on my knees
I'd stroke his back and pat him on the side
The things he would do filled my heart with pride
He watched my house and my family too
He was always there to look over you
Never my house did I have to lock
A bark and a growl at the very first knock

Unconditional love is what he gave to me
From the look in his eye it was all you could see
Sometimes I'd yell "be quiet, lay down"
He'd lay in the corner and not make a sound
As he grew old and couldn't get around
I forgot how he'd greet me with a leap and a bound

Soon came the time he could no longer stand on his own
I picked him up and carried him to see God's home
On the way there I remembered all the good years
I looked at my friend through all of my tears

I told him I loved him
Soon the pain would be gone
I did the hardest thing
I ever have done

I went the last mile
I was there to the end
I know now why they called him
"Man's Best Friend"

What is your favorite breed?

~Sisters 4

No comments: