Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pig Headed

Well, here's a serious post (for once):

We all have our moments of stubbornness. Of course, that may not be true for all you perfectomundo people out there, but, all I know, is that it's true for me. It may be in a conversation or a discussion (even online) where you just won't give up. You have your "opponent" in your clutches, then you realize, "Wow! What am I doing? I'm tearing down a brother or sister in Christ all because of my stubbornness!" I'm a very stubborn person. I hate it when people contradict me. I love to build and finish projects, but my sin really comes out when some one attempts to assist me. With all my stubbornness, I push away the help, and scream in my mind that I can do it myself, thank you very much. It's sinful, wrong, and not the way God wants me to act. And really, it's the same way in arguments. We want to keep fighting, fighting, fighting, but before long, we realize that what we were saying was really just dust. Plus, if we stick to our stubbornness in wanting to win arguments, won't we just grow up to be like that? Eventually, due to our hotheadedness, there could be whole church splits. Okay, maybe you're thinking that that's a bit dramatic, but, in our world today, I'm afraid to say: not really.

Stubbornness can be a good thing though too. You can be stubborn for God's Kingdom and for other things too, but it has to be channeled into the right spot. A few weeks ago I was hunting for a deer. It took me two weeks before I actually got one, but, in that situation, I was glad I was being stubborn. But, oftentimes, your strong point can also be your weak point. You need to always be careful to build your brothers and sisters up, not tear them down with your pigheadedness.

I know this is a pretty random post, but it's something that has been going on in my head for a long while. Thinking about relationships, I always say to myself, "Why can't those morons just learn to forgive?" before I realize that I have a huge log in my own eye. I'm stubborn, and those "morons" can't learn to forgive because of people like me. It may start out small, but we all know that if it isn't stomped out, then sin will rear its ugly head, and show us our short comings.

I'm a sinner, and I still have a lot to learn, but, there's my 2 cents. ;)

~Margaret

1 comment:

Emily said...

Bekah, THANKS! That was very needful, and I completely agree with everything you said. I love your insight into it. Very very true. :) Love ya!