Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Life

So, tonight, we went over to our friends' house to enjoy an evening with them. When we got there, we were greeted by lots of little boys yelling and smiling, because, just then, a few minutes before we arrived, their horse had had a foal. We went down to see it, and it was the most adorable new born foal I have EVER seen! (Of course, that's probably because it's the only new born foal I've ever seen.) I went into the little stall/corral where they had it, along with it's mother. I watched it take it's first steps, and even got to hold it! :) I was reminded again and again of how much God cares for us. He takes care of us, and gives new life! Not only does He bless us with hundreds of little children, but He even cares for us so much as to give us new born foals, puppies, kittens, etc. As I held this little miracle, and helped it towards the nipple, I was so amazed by the complexity. It seemed so small and frail.

Tonight, I was thinking of our country. We don't care for life. People today abort their children, but are all worried about when some one does something "nasty" towards the trees or the animals. Of course, God does want us to regard the lives of our beasts, but He is even more concerned about human life. In America, we throw human life in the trash can, not even caring. However, as Christians, we need to always be thankful for the wonderful people God has placed in our lives. New life is a gift.

Make sure to tell some one that you love them!

~Margaret~

No comments: