Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Late Thanksgiving!

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone, but I'm still thankful.  I thought about not even posting about this, since it was going to be so late and all, but I have now made up my mind: Better late than never!

We had an absolutely BEAUTIFUL Thanksgiving!  Robin, Dan, and Maria had to leave early to go to a Turkey Trot race.  They said they had a wonderful time.  And now, you may be thinking:  "Wow, Margaret!  What a lazy bum you are!  You didn't go to the race, and your younger sister did?!  I'm surprised at you!"

Yes, yes, I must admit, I am a bit lazy...  But, I did have a few excuses:

Excuse #1-Who would have helped Mommy with the dinner if I had gone as well?
Excuse #2-I'm a cheapskate, and didn't want to pay the whole $25 to get into the race.  However, if I had been 12 or younger, I would have gone! (12 and under got in free; No fair)

Well, those are my so-called "good" excuses ;).

Then, moving on...  As soon as my siblings returned home from their extremely taxing run, we ate, until we bursted.  Haha, just kidding, my friends...

After our wonderful, wonderful friends left, our family packed up, and we left to go stay the night at a hotel.  Now, that is strange, isn't it?  Well, Excuse #3(this is for something else, of course)-Hotels tend to be quite cheap on Thanksgiving night.

We spent the night, went swimming, did lots o' different stuff, then, in the morning we awoke.  Black Friday!  We rushed out, pushing and shoving, trying to get to the good deals first, grabbing all the junk on the shelves, rushing around the mall, into Walmart, starting riots, creating chaos, getting all the stuff our house could POSSIBLY hold!  MWAHAHA!!!  Stuff! STUFF!! STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "Wait!  What happened to Thanksgiving?"  (Hehe...)

Well, we interrupt this broadcast to tell you exactly what we're thankful for.  I am SO thankful for:

-Daddy
-Mommy
-My wonderful brother and sisters
-Our terrific church
-All the things that God has allowed us to use: i.e. our house, our beds, our toothbrushes (yep), etc
-Our relatives
-My beautiful grandma who has no thought of herself, and is SOOOO patient with us when teaching us the piano (especially over the phone; I would get WAY too frustrated)
-My humble and thrifty grandpa
-All the other things that are too many to mention
-And, the #1 thing I am so utterly thankful for is:

That God sent His only Son to die for us and rise again, conquering death, and then going up to live an eternal life in Heaven.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ~John 3:16


~Margaret~


2 comments:

Daniel said...

Tut, tut. I would of paid for you if you had trained for it. ;-P

Sisters 4 said...

Haha... Umm... Yeah! Well, I had REALLY good excuses, except for that second one, but I guess I'll try to run the next 5K (which won't be for a very long time. Whew!)